Artistic Arrangements

Brennan Hunt (‘12) examines the artwork of Christian Danner (12) while attending the AP 2D and 3D Studio Art Senior Art Show. As a Lake Central AP Art alum, Hunt came to show his support for his old art program.

On Monday, May 20 the library turned into an art museum for the community. The seniors in AP 2D and 3D Art showcased their work for all to see.

“Every single senior who was in AP 2D or 3D Art has a piece in here,” Christian Danner (12) said.

Although some of their work is still on display at the South Shore Arts Gallery at the Center for Visual and Performing Arts in Munster, the students were proud of the art they had to display.

“I’m proud of all the stuff I did. I worked really hard,” Abigail Stahr (12) said.

The College Board recommends that students spend nearly twice as much time working on their art outside of class as they do in class. Throughout the year, students feel that they have learned and improved the quality of their art.

“I work so much faster with the same if not better quality,” Jessica Gonzalez (12) said.

The students have fared well overall in competitions at Calumet College of St. Joseph, South Suburban College, Valparaiso University and most recently, the South Shore Arts Gallery. The success is due partly to dedication and partly to skill.

“You find creativity through writing, these people find it through clay or ink,” Mrs. Chris Colle, Art, said.

The exhibit was only open to the public Monday night, but will remain open to students in the library through Thursday, May 23.