Winter Formal decorating

N-teens+members+blow+up+balloons+to+add+to+the+cloud+clusters+that+hang+from+the+ceiling+of+the+room.+Members+gathered+up+balloons+to+put+in+the+net+that+released+for+a+balloon+drop+after+the+Formal+Court+was+announced+during+the+dance.+
N-teens members blow up balloons to add to the cloud clusters that hang from the ceiling of the room. Members gathered up balloons to put in the net that released for a balloon drop after the Formal Court was announced during the dance.

On Jan. 23 and Jan. 24 N-teens club members gathered at the Halls of St. George to decorate for Winter Formal, devoting their time and energy to make the night one to remember.

Kassie Woodworth (12) took on the task of coming up with the theme for Saturday’s dance. With so much to do in such little time, Woodworth explained why she decided to volunteer her time.

“I took on the commitment because last year I did it, and I thought it would be really cool. It was a lot of work, but I kind of knew the reins of things. [For] my senior year I thought I’d do it again,” Woodworth said.

Woodworth and the rest of the N-teens members spent all night Friday and all Saturday morning transforming the hall into a room that represented the theme, “Float On,” which was inspired by a song by Modest Mouse.

“It was cute. I liked the huge balloon that was floating with the basket from it like a hot air balloon,” Larissa McBride (11) said.

The theme entailed floating hot air balloons, clouds scattered all over the ceiling and a balloon drop followed by bubble machines going all night long.

“The balloon drop was really cool. They fell everywhere, and everyone was hitting them around and popping them,” Alyssa Tieri (11) said.