Tiaras take the stage

Ellie%2C+portrayed+by+Hannah+Souronis+%2811%29%2C+explains+to+the+king+how+much+she+loves+him.++The+king%E2%80%99s+three+daughters+competed+to+be+the+heirs+of+his+kingdom+by+proving+their+love.++
Ellie, portrayed by Hannah Souronis (11), explains to the king how much she loves him. The king’s three daughters competed to be the heirs of his kingdom by proving their love.

The Lake Central Theater Company kicked off the weekend with their last fall show in the LGI, “Game of Tiaras.” Three performances took course this weekend on Friday Oct. 23, Saturday Oct. 24 and Sunday Oct. 25.  

The play is a comedy based on the story of “King Lear” written by Shakespeare. When the king decides to step down from the throne and divide his kingdom among his three princess daughters, events go askew as the princesses reveal their true motives.

“At first when we heard about [the plot of the play] we were a little skeptical. Last year we did ‘The Sparrow’ and it was such a serious show, and this one’s so silly. Before [the show] we were worried what people were going to think of it but, when we got out there on the first night, it was so awesome. I love it now. It was such a good idea to do [it],” Hannah Souronis (10) said.  

Recent Disney princesses were intertwined in the plot of the Shakespearian based play. Characters such as Cinderella, Snow White, Elsa, Pocahontas, the Little Mermaid and more were featured with twisted personalities different from their commonly known characters.  

“When I auditioned, I got the part of Cinderella, and she’s so crazy. She’s mean and nasty and fake, and it was so cool getting to play such a different character from last year,” Anastasia Rauch (12) said.

The show was considered a great success, filling the LGI room to its maximum capacity.  

“I think it went really well. We were all really excited because the script was super funny, and we were hoping the audience would find it really funny as well, which I think they did. We had good crowds and good laughs,” Rauch said.