A New Start

A start to a new season of Boys Golf means new talent, new uniforms and a new coach. The Boys worked hard conditioning in their offseason and will undergo changes this year with their new coach, Mr. Christopher Rossiano, Social Studies.

“[I am] very excited. I know a lot of the guys from class and seeing them on the golf course, and I am looking forward to helping them improve their games,” Mr. Rossiano said.

Rossiano has been the Girls coach for a few years now and is taking on the Boys team as well.

Girls play from different yardages, hit their clubs different yardages and play a different style of golf than me, so with the girls, I really had to learn a lot and adjust..With the guys, I think it will be slightly easier since their games are more similar to my own,” Mr. Rossiano said.

With high expectations and all the hard work he wants the Boys to put in, this will be an intense and hopefully rewarding season.

“I have high expectations. We had a good turnout and a competitive tryout. There are some new faces that may be competing and some old faces that want to take it to the next level before their time at LC is over. I don’t like to make predictions because anything can happen, but if the Boys work hard and play to their potential, I can see us down in Franklin this June,” Mr. Rossiano said.