In the Christmas spirit

Dane Market (9) and Anna Weir (12) paint ornaments during the club meeting. The meeting was held Dec. 5.

On Tuesday, Dec. 5, Best Buddies met in the cafeteria to hold their final meeting of the semester. Students in the club spent an hour after school making ornaments for the upcoming holiday while bonding with other members of the club.

“At Best Buddies, we had a Christmas party. Everyone wore Christmas sweaters and we decorated ornaments together. My favorite part was decorating the ornaments because it was a good activity and my buddy and I had a lot of fun,” Emily Pederson (11) said.

For many, the club serves as an opportunity for them to attempt to make a difference in the lives of others. Best Buddies gives students the opportunity to form relationships with students in the Westlake program and gives with enjoyable memories.

“I joined last year because I wanted to make a difference, but then I grew to love it and I do it for fun now. My favorite thing is interacting with all of the different individuals and creating relationships with them,” Sarah Tellas (12) said.

While there is a possibility that another meeting might be held before the end of the semester, students were told that this was most likely the last one.