Boys Cross Country Defeats in the Heat

Brian+St.+John+%2810%29+and+Darius+Arriaga+%2812%29+run+the+last+part+of+their+meet+on+Tuesday.+Despite+the+heat%2C+LC+finished+with+a+win+against+Michigan+City+and+Chesterton.+
Brian St. John (10) and Darius Arriaga (12) run the last part of their meet on Tuesday. Despite the heat, LC finished with a win against Michigan City and Chesterton.

The Boys Cross Country team traveled to Michigan City in the heat this Tuesday to face rivals Chesterton and Michigan City with high hopes for finishing first.

Despite the heat, the team expected to do well at the meet, and after practicing since the summer, the team seemed well prepared.

“I expected LC to win the meet as a team against both Michigan City and Chesterton. Chesterton posed the only serious threat, but I knew we could top them as long as our varsity guys ran what they were capable of,” Mitchel Bouma (12) said.

The team’s positive outlook brought them a win for the meet, finishing ahead of both Michigan City and Chesterton. For some, it was their first meet.

“My expectations were fairly high, since it was my first race as a senior, but my ankle was acting up for the first two miles. As a team, I was very confident that we would win, since we stack up very well next to Chesterton and Michigan City. We definitely proved ourselves as competitors in the DAC,” Alexander Nottingham (12) said.

The team looks forward to the rest of the season, hoping to make it to State.