Boys Varsity Soccer Falls to Munster

Timothy Ritchie (12) races against two Munster players to get possession of the ball. The Indians lost 5-0 on September 13 at Munster.

The Varsity Boys Soccer team battled the rain on Thursday, Sept. 13, in their game against the Munster Mustangs.

“We just came off of a tough game against Chesterton who is the number one team in the area. Then, we had to play Munster the day after, who is a tough opponent,” Timothy Ritchie (12) said.

At the end of the first half, Munster gained a 1-0 lead due to a penalty kick. The Indians and Mustangs had three shot attempts each by halftime.

“We need to work on our team chemistry. Our communication during the game needs to improve as well,” Trevor Clapman (11) said.

The second half ended with 10 shot attempts by Munster and 5 shot attempts by LC.

“We just have to move on and take it one game at a time. This game will motivate the team to do better,” Richie said.

The team will try to improve their communication and fix any other problems in their upcoming practices and games. Their next game is on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at home against Valparaiso.

“Our goal is sectionals and we’ll have all of our kinks worked out by post-season,” Richie said.