Varsity Football Travels to Crown Point, Defeats Bulldogs 27-7

The Indians and the Bulldogs battle it out for the win. Lake Central came out on top with a score of 27-7.

On Friday Sept. 7, the boys varsity football team traveled to Crown Point High School and defeated the Bulldogs 27-7.

David Yancey (12) scored two touchdowns in the first quarter. Crown Point scored with 31 seconds left in the first quarter, finishing it off with the Indians in the lead 14-7.

“[David Yancey] respects the game well. He’s a real humble guy, and he’s always helping out the younger guys on the team,” Alec Olund (11) said.

In the third quarter, Olund made a touchdown, bumping the Indians into a 21-7 lead over the Bulldogs.

Michael Goin (11) had to work his way onto the varsity team, proving himself worthy of varsity status with his reception at Friday’s game.

“[My reception] felt incredible. Not being a full starter, it really helps my chances of getting more playing time,” Goin said.

Goin reveals secrets about the team’s success.

“We watch film of [the opposing teams’] defensive strategies so we can adjust our offense to best fit the look of their defense,” Goin said.

In the fourth quarter, Yancey made his third and final touchdown of the game, giving Lake Central the victory with a final score of 27-7.