JV Football takes the win against CP

Freshman on JV football, Colin Studer goes in for a big pass. He looked for his team mates to catch the pass to score against Crown Point.

The JV boys football team was pumped for their Saturday morning game, knowing Crown Point is a big rival, they knew they had some tough competition.

JV’s football game started off with Crown Point getting the first touchdown, but not far behind was Michael Goin (11) scoring LC’s first touchdown of the game. Going back and forth, LC almost tied up the game with the score at 21-20, putting LC in the lead just in time for halftime.

“I knew it wasn’t gonna be an easy win like our previous games were. Crown Point’s JV team had only lost one time overall in the last 3 years,” Lucas Sanchez (10) said.

It was a close game. LC took the win resulting in a score of 28-26 with Brandon Scott (10) scoring the last touchdown of the game.

“I felt like we were going to win still. All we needed was one big play to steal the game,” Sanchez said.

Going into the game with confidence, LC took the victory against one of their biggest rivals.