Freshman Boys Football Takes Down Laporte Slicers

Just seconds from the game ending, Zachary Turnbough (9) catches the ball. Anxiously running, to make a winning touchdown. LC took over Laporte with a 26-21, last Thursday.

With a final score of 26-21, the freshman football team defeated the LaPorte Slicers last Thursday, Sept. 20.

The Slicers scored first during the second quarter, bringing the score to 0-6 in LaPorte’s favor. LaPorte scored another point a few seconds after the touchdown.

“We started off bad , but [the] defense made good blocks, and we threw good passes when we had to,” Romel Spight (9) said.

LC fans cheered for their team, and moments later the Indians scored, and by the third quarter, the boys were neck and neck at 7-7.

After a few tackles and downs, LaPorte had brought their score up to 14 with LC behind at 7. The score didn’t change until the fourth quarter when the Indians came back to score a touchdown, and just moments later, Sean Griffin (9) scored another touchdown for LC.

The Indians took the lead 21-20. The crowd celebrated and cheered the boys on, stomping on the bleachers out of excitement to boost the boys’ confidence. In the last few seconds with the fans on the edge of their seats, Zachary Turnbough (9) scored the winning touchdown.

“My heart was racing, and [scoring the winning touchdown] felt great,” Turnbough (9) said.