Football Team Raises Money to Support American Heart Association

Michael+Hines%2812%29+and+Michael+Oljace+%2812%29+explain+to+Joseph+Marcivello+%289%29+about+the++American+Heart+Association+T-shirts.++Marcivello+decided+to+purchase+a+shirt+and+contribute+to+the+cause.+
Michael Hines(12) and Michael Oljace (12) explain to Joseph Marcivello (9) about the American Heart Association T-shirts. Marcivello decided to purchase a shirt and contribute to the cause.

Many students and teachers agree that “Lake Central has heart”, and illustrating this statement, the football team has been selling T-shirts to support and raise money for the American Heart Association.

“This is a great thing that we are doing. Every 29 seconds an American will suffer from a heart related event,” Coach Michael Bork said.

Also, by purchasing a shirt, students will be able to participate in this Friday’s Red-out at the football game against Valparaiso High School at Lake Central.

“It’s going to be cool to look out at the crowd and see all the red and also know it’s for a good cause,” Jacob Bermingham (12) said.

The red T-shirts are being sold for $15 and read “rock the beat” on the front. The football team has been selling them since last Monday Oct. 1 and will continue to sell until this Friday Oct. 12.