Varsity Football Dominates Valpo

David Yancey(12) runs the ball down the field in attempt to score a touchdown. Lake Central won the game 35-21.

The football team dominated Valparaiso with a score of 35-21 on Friday. The team had to work around several star players, such as Jonathon Kirby(12) and David Yancey(12), being injured.

“Hopefully I’ll only be out for this week. I’d really like to play sectionals, but this might be it for me,” Jonathon Kirby (12) said.

Since so many were injured, a few less experianced players had to step up.

“Defensively, our kids played together. We had guys step up, we had a couple of injuries and we had guys who have never been on the field before who played huge,” Michael Bork, varsity coach, said.

The score was close throughout the whole game; however, the Indians pulled away towards the end. The team celebrated on the sidelines with every touchdown.

“We have a lot of fun on the sidelines, we bash each other for either our accomplishments or mistakes we made on the field or during practice,” Michael Goin(11) said.

The dedicated fans toughed out the cold weather and stood in the stands, cheering on their team.

“I think it was really awesome. It just shows that they’re dedicated to our team, and it helps us a lot more knowing that they’re backing us up and that they believe in us,” Goin said.