Indians Volleyball Defeat Vikings

Megan Malantestinic (11) attempts to block a spike hit by a Valpo opponent. Taylor Ellis (10) and Julianne Epperson (12) covered Malantestinic and scored a point for LC.

Winning was a must for the varsity girls volleyball team in their last game before Sectionals start. The Indians managed to win in the fifth set, 16-14.

“We already beat Valpo once, and they beat us once. The game they beat us, we got crushed, so we wanted to get back at them,” Katherine Stepanian (11) said.

The girls didn’t start off as they hoped, losing the first two sets. After the first those sets, however, spirits rose and LC came back in full swing.

“After we lost the first two sets by such a big deficit, I thought that we had to believe that we could come back and win the next three sets,” Brooke Renner (10) said.

Going into Sectionals next week, the girls know there is room for improvement.

“We need to improve on winning the first set and having energy throughout the game,” Renner said.

Varsity’s next game is Thursday Oct. 18 away at Lowell. Who they will be competing against for their first sectional game is to be determined.