Varsity Cheerleaders Bring Home State Title

The varsity cheerleaders brought home a state championship title for LC. They had been practicing for this competition about four times a week, working hard to prove how good they really were.

Their competition had a lot of talent, not making it any easier for the girls to pull through a win.

“The other teams were good but we just had more overall difficulty,” Brooke Lambert (11) said.

After performing the routine in front of the judges and all their fans, the cheerleaders walked off the floor with their heads held high and full of confidence.

“We had a lot of fun with the routine, and I felt like there was a lot of overall energy on the floor,” Lambert said.

After watching all the other teams, they were eager to hear the results. They all gathered around in a circle, holding hands, hoping for the best. As each name got called off, the cheerleaders grew more stressed and anxious. Finally, they announced the awards, with LC’s name getting called to take the title of the first place team.

“It was the best feeling ever, hearing our name called. We worked so hard for this,” Sydney Ollearis (11) said.

They walked up, as a team, to claim their trophy and take pictures as the new State Champions.