Serving the Way to Success

On September 6th, the JV girls volleyball team played an intense home game against Marist high school. Though the team played hard, they fell short a few points losing both sets to Marist. The score being (25-15) the first set and the second being (25-19).  

“I try to get like hype music and just get out of my head, and make myself comfortable on the floor,” Natalia Nichols (10) said.

If a player isn’t in the right headspace this can alter their ability to play well.  An athlete’s  mindset not only affects themselves but also their teammates. Staying focused and competitive during a game helps teams perform their best.

“My mindset is to just have fun and don’t stop pushing, keep going. Also to be competitive,” said Kayla Dudek (10).

The JV girls continue to work hard and strive to achieve their goals. Visualizing how their opponents are going to play can help the girls decide on their next move. Focusing on the game itself and not the outcome helps the players perform better with no distractions. The team sets goals for their future games that will help them achieve success. 

“No matter if we win or lose, no matter who we play, I just want to play OUR volleyball. We have the potential to be amazing, we just have to work and be a team,” Isabella Steliga (10) said.