Bouncing Back Up

The Boys Tennis team went up against Hanover high school at home on September 19th. The team won the event and players are able to advance  from the experience of being a part of the tennis program. Anthony Zervos (10), who fought to have a spot on varsity, has worked hard and continues to improve.

“The LC tennis program has been a great fit for me due to its constant changing. The coach has given many players many chances at different positions, eventually helping me discover my talent in singles. I have played all varsity positions but one doubles throughout the year with two singles or one singles a personal favorite,” Zervos said.

The team continues to put in effort at their practices as they approach their final meets of the season. The boys work hard and prepare for their regional matches on Oct. 3rd.

“We can work together as a team by playing together and during our practices we can play better. Some of my teammates give me advice so when I mess up they tell me how I can do better. Our sportsmanship and how we work together as a team overall helps make us great,” Joe Lin (9) said.

The advice Lin gets from his teammates helps him fix any mistakes so he can improve himself for his team. Doing this, they can all become better players which will help them in more matches in the future. 

“The great thing about tennis is the large diversity in tennis players between all races and both genders. It is easy to find a role model, but personally for me I find it astonishing the level wheelchair tennis players can play at, and most recently at a tournament there was an athlete with a synthetic leg still playing. It’s a broad answer but people who overcome those disadvantages all inspire me and make me grateful for my ability to run around the court like I can,“ Zervos said.