Make A Splash

On Saturday January 20th, Crown Point High School hosted the JV DAC. This conference decides who will be filling the empty spots at their DAC sectionals coming up. The swim team prepares for the DAC in March where they will go up against other schools in the area for the championship. Sacchi Parikh (11) discusses how she thought the meet went, 

“It felt good because it was meant to be an exciting meet for me and as that was the last meet for some people,  it was a good meet to end off on,” Parikh said. 

Each player sets goals for themselves for this upcoming championship about how they hope to perform. The player can have practices as early as 4 in the morning so they have as much time as possible to train and work on their different swimming events. 

“This past season my goals are to get personal bests in my events, get first at sectionals, and make it to state again. So far, I have already gotten personal bests in my events, but we have not had sectionals yet which is what determines if we make it to state,” Isabelle Marcotte (11) said. 

Creating stamina and having motivation in the water is one of the most important things to have when trying to win the championship. The swimmers have to keep motivated to keep going when in the water, Nicholas Ace (11) talks about how he keeps his head in the game, 

“To get ready for a meet I usually try to hype myself up and beat my brother’s times. I use sibling rivalry as motivation to go further,” Ace Said. 

Even though the swimmers all have individual  events they still work together as a team to bring home a win for Lake Central. When at DAC everyone had to do their best for the team to succeed as a whole. The students discuss their favorite part about being on there swim team, 

“My favorite part about being on the LC swim team is just the fact that I have my teammates cheering me on and the group of friends I created on the team make it so worth it,” Parikh said.