Girls Swim Team Steals Another Win

Holly Spears (11) swims the 100 yard butterfly at a swim meet against Merrillville. The team won this meet leaving them undefeated so far for the season.

The girls swim team wrapped up their fourth win this season, leaving them undefeated so far.

“We’re in progress [on the season]. We still have a lot of work to do, a lot of training to do. We get through Christmas break and I think we’re gonna have a stellar season.” Coach Dale Ramsey said.

The swim team faced Merrillville on Tuesday, Dec. 4.

“The meet went really well. We swam off-events so we weren’t swimming what we normally swam. Overall, everyone did really good,” Rebecca Albright (11) said.

Before the season is over, the team has many things to work on such as technique and breath control.

“Our turns, our breakouts, we need major work on those. That’s something that can be easily fixed in practice by thinking about it though.” Ramsey said.

Even though the team has won every meet so far this year, returning swimmers know what it’s like to face a loss.

“[A loss] is never just based on one person, it’s like the entire team. We would just go to practice the next day and work on the things we needed to improve on and really encourage each other,” Albright said.

The girls’ next swim meet is Saturday, Dec. 8 at Penn.