Working To Win

Stefanie Stefano (10) swims the butterfly stroke in the meet against LaPorte. In this meet, the girls swam off-events, which are the races that they are not used to swimming.

The girls of the Varsity swim team earned themselves a win against LaPorte last Tuesday, Dec. 11. They came out on top with an overall score of 138-46, adding yet another win to their almost undefeated season.

The girls prepare themselves mentally and physically right before each meet.

“Mentally i just tell myself that no matter what the scoreboard says, I am just going to try my best,” Rebecca Albright (11) said.

The girls also get their bodies limber before their races.

“I make sure I stretch about 10 minutes before my race,” Tracilyn Muszalski (11) said.

This meet was slightly different than normal for the girls.

“I liked competing with LaPorte. We got to swim a lot of off-events [that we normally don’t swim], so it was fun to see how fast we could swim,” Muszalski said.

This ended up being in their favor, seeing as they were victorious.

“Against LaPorte, I swam on the 200 medley relay in the fly leg, I swam the 50 free, 100 free, and 200 free relay,” Albright said.

The girls are now starting to get excited about Sectionals.

“As a team we want to win Sectionals, we really think we have a shot this year and we are working hard towards it,”Muszalski said.

The girls’ next meet is here at LC on Tuesday, Jan. 1 at 5:30 p.m. They will be taking on the swimmers of Michigan City High School.