JV Boys Basketball Dominates Lowell

Amir+Ransom+sets+himself+up+to+take+a+foul+shot+at+a+game+against+Lowell.+Lake+Central+won+the+game+44+to+21.+
Amir Ransom sets himself up to take a foul shot at a game against Lowell. Lake Central won the game 44 to 21.

The boys JV basketball team took on the Lowell Red Devils on Wednesday, Jan. 16. The team beat the Red Devils 44-21.

“The game went really well. The guys really shared the ball and we had 15 assists as a team, which means guys were really looking to get each other some great shots,” JV Boys Coach Andrew Locke said.

The team worked as a whole to get the win at this game.

“As a whole I think we did good, we shared the ball a lot, so we weren’t always looking for our shot, we passed the ball up to get the better shots,” Amir Ransom(10) said.

The team is currently on a four game win streak as of the game on Wednesday, and they have things to improve on in order to keep winning.

“We could do a better job of picking up the ball quicker and transitioning defensively, and making sure we don’t let our guys beat us to the paint,” Locke said.

Throughout the season, the players have many goals they would like to accomplish.

“I’ve been playing basketball since 8th grade, I hope to just get better everyday and continue to work on my game,” Ransom said.

The team’s next game will be Saturday against Merrillville.