Indians Fall to Pirates in Final Seconds

The+Indians+rejoice+after+a+big+basket.+They+suffered+a+57-60+loss+at+the+hands+of+the+Merillville+Pirates+on+Saturday%2C+January+19.+
The Indians rejoice after a big basket. They suffered a 57-60 loss at the hands of the Merillville Pirates on Saturday, January 19.

In life, there is always an opportunity to view the glass as half-full. The Indians will look to move forward after allowing a 57-60 nail-biter against Merrillville to slip away.

“We can take a ton of positives from tonight. We showed we can produce against a very talented team,” Coach Dave Milausnic, West Lake, said.

On Saturday night, the boys demonstrated that they do not have an ounce of quit within them.

“We played hard the whole game, and we got better overall as a team,” Robert Ryan (11) said.

In sports, one of the toughest things to do is to conquer a team three consecutive times. Even though the Pirates have won both games this season, the Tribe is confident that they can come out on top in a third chapter of the trilogy.

“We are getting a lot better. We can beat that team down the line if we keep working on the little things,” Tyler Wideman (11) said.

The Indians will look to improve their 6-3 DAC record on Friday, Jan. 25, against the Chesterton Trojans at home.