Freshman Football Sky-rockets Past the Meteors 46-0

There was excitement for the freshman team’s football game against a non-conference opponent, but for the boys in the locker room, this game, with its 95 degree weather, was going to be anything but insignificant. It was the first home game of their high school football careers.

Once the game had started, it did not take long for both the missing excitement and the scorching heat to pick up. Within the first five minutes, Charles Sykes (9) scored the first of seven touchdowns. He also scored later in the second quarter, but Sykes was not the only multi-touchdown player. Brandon Scott (9) racked up of a total of three end zone celebrations by the time the day was over.

“The highlight of the game for me was my 75-yard touchdown,” Scott said.

By half time, the boys had the Meteors losing speed with a score of 26-0.

“[The best part of the game] was when we came out after halftime and scored right away instead of slowing up,” cornerback, Logan Lambert (9), said.

Not a minute into third quarter had gone by when Scott crossed into the end zone. A field goal from kicker Cody Schultz (9) brought the score to 33-0.

“Besides the heat I thought [the game] went very well,” Lambert said.

The final score left LC with 46 and the Meteors with zero.

Being in the DAC, the boys do not get to play T.F. North very often, and they have yet to get the feel for their conference rivals.

“The outlook for the rest of the season is unclear. We’re in a tough conference-DAC, and every team we face is going to want to win just as bad as we will,” said Christopher Keylor (9).

Keylor is not the only one on the team who feels that this year is going to be difficult.

“I think the rest of the season will be tough but I think we can bring out a good record,” Scott said.