Advanced Drama gives sneak peek

The characters of “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder” gather around a map to plan out how they would split up in twos to scour the island for the murderer. When they regrouped, it was revealed that all of the pairs were separated on their search.

Friends, fans and family of the theater company came out to get a preview of Mrs. Pam Neth’s, English, Advanced Drama classes’ shows on Nov. 12 and 13 in the LGI. The thirteenth’s performance featured “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder” and “A Ghost for Rosanda.”

“One reason we have [the preview nights] is because they give something to look forward to and give us a motive to work really hard so we don’t drag our feet. Another reason is we have them so we can see what it’s like performing a scripted show in front of an audience because we can’t just stop the scene and ask what our line is,” Tyler Paluszak (11) said.

“Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder” involves a group of strangers who are invited to and stranded at a mysterious island hotel. It is revealed that they are all distantly related to a millionaire who had all of them written into his will. The murder-mystery plot follows the strangers as they not only wonder who is killing off the other family members, but who will be left as the sole beneficiary of the fortune.

“[My favorite parts of the show] are the funny puns and the great, amazing people I get to work with,” Paluszak said.

“A Ghost for Rosanda,” on the other hand, centers around a schoolgirl named Melanie and her friends. Melanie is asked by her Aunt Rosanda to help make her house more interesting because she wants to have it renovated into a “haunted” attraction, and she and her friends spend the night in the old house trying to come up with a good ghost story.

“[“A Ghost for Rosanda”] is a really cool show for people who like suspense or realistic ghost stories, but don’t worry. It’s not too scary,” Elise Bereoles (11) said.

Finalized performances of both classes’ shows will be Dec. 3 and 4 in the LGI.