Choir Spreads Holiday Cheer

Jacob Quintanilla (12) hugs students of Bibich Elementary dressed as the Monotone Angel. The bells and choirs went to Bibich and Peifer Elementary Schools to perform a holiday concert.

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. The choral department spread cheer like a wildfire at Bibich and Peifer Elementary Schools while performing part of their holiday concert for the children on Dec. 13.

“It was so much fun for us and for them. They were going crazy and singing along. I am so glad that we went,” Leah Harrison (11) said.

Before the concert, Jacob Quintanilla (12), Kevin Kuhn (12), Autumn Scott (11) and Paige Kruk (10) walked around greeting children dressed in costumes.

“The kids at the elementary school were adorable. They were especially excited when they saw Santa. I have sung for them the past four years, and I wish I could do it again,” Alexia Dukes (12) said.

Both bell choirs, concert choir, Counterpoints and Trebleaires performed popular holiday themed songs like “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.”

At Peifer the choirs were invited to sit in the crowd to sing even more carols with the students. The choir and students alike were thankful for the experience.