Planning for the Future

Sandy Wright, guidance counselor, addresses the crowd in the LGI room. Discussed was the planning of those graduating in the Class of 2014 who plan to go to college.

On April 16, 2013, there was a meeting in the LGI room for the parents of the class of 2014. The meeting was to inform those about the financial situations that will occur in the future.

“The purpose of the meeting is to inform parents and students about the college admission process, how to research colleges, compare colleges, financial aid information, etc. in order to help them through this process,” Sandy Wright, Guidance, said.

Students have been receiving information about the upcoming ACT and SAT tests that they need to take before graduating.

“The counselors have met or are in the process of meeting with their junior students discussing how to prepare and research colleges, register with the Indiana E-Transcript service, college admissions exams, etc., so this is a way for the parents to find out about this same information,” Wright said.

This is just one of the many steps the counselors are taking to help students and their parents pave the way for their future.

“I do have a workshop for senior parents in the fall as a follow up and that one is more parent directed as I try to answer questions,” Wright said.