Gaining experience

Students from Advanced Theater class gather around a table to look at a map. The students were performing “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder”.

On Dec. 4, the advanced theater classes performed their scripted shows, “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder” and “A Ghost for  Rosanda”.

“‘Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder’is about ten strangers that are invited to this island and one by one they’re getting killed off while they are trying to find who the killer is. It sounds dramatic but its actually really comical,” Erini Collaros (11) said.

The advanced theater classes have been working on “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Murder “andA Ghost for Rosanda” in class for the past  two months. After spending time on the scripted shows, the students gained benefits from the hands-on experience.

“[Mrs. Pam Neth, English,] wanted us to do an end-of-the-semester show and it was to let us expand our knowledge on scripted shows. It helps you learn how to work with new people and the people around you, and it helps you with learning your lines,” Jeannie Lam (10) said.

Students find the Advanced Theater class and the shows that they perform to be beneficial and enjoyable.

“Not only is [Advanced Theater] a really fun class, but you get to meet so many new people and new friends. Even if you’re in sports, the in class aspect helps you and you still get to do something you love and enjoy,” Lam said.